Effective Date: February 2017; Last Updated: August 2018
We use common tracking technologies.
We collect personal information about users over time and across different websites when you use this website or service. We also have third parties that collect personal information this way. To do this, we use several common tracking tools. Our vendors may also use these tools. These may include browser cookies. We may also use web beacons, tracking pixels, and similar technologies.
We use tracking technologies for a variety of reasons.
We use tracking tools, including cookies, on our websites:
- To understand the activities and behaviors of our customers and website visitors.
- To recognize new or past visitors.
- To improve our website and to better understand your visits on our platforms.
- To integrate with third-party social media websites.
- To serve you interest-based or targeted advertising (see below for more on interest-based advertising).
- To better understand the interests of our customers and our website visitors.
We engage in interest-based advertising.
We and our partners display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time across multiple websites or other platforms. This might include apps.
Interest-based or "online behavioral advertising" includes ads that are served to you after you leave our website, encouraging you to return. They also include ads we think are relevant to you based on your shopping habits or online activities. These ads might be served on websites or on apps. They might also be served in emails. We might serve these ads, or third parties may serve ads. They might be about our products and services, or other companies’ products and services. We get consent for interest-based advertising as required by law.
How do we gather relevant information about you for interest-based advertising?
To decide what is relevant to you, we use the information you make available to us when you interact with us, our affiliates, and other third parties. We gather this information using the tracking tools described above. For example, we or our partners might look at your browsing behaviors. We might look at these activities on our platforms or the platforms of others.
We work with third parties who help gather this information. These third parties might link your name or email address to other information they collect. That might include past purchases made offline or online. Or, it might include online usage information.
You can control tracking tools generally.
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. To control flash cookies, which we may use on certain websites from time to time, you can go here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
Our Do Not Track Policy: Some browsers have a "Do Not Track" feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
Options you select are browser and device specific.
You can also opt-out of online behavioral advertising.
The Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising program provides consumers with the ability to opt-out of having their online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes. To opt out of having your online behavior collected for advertising purposes, click here.
Choices you make are both browser and device-specific.
Which non-essential tracking tools do we use?
Our sites use the following tracking tools to improve our sites and your experience on our sites. To opt out of these cookies you either view here or where applicable follow the specific instructions below:
- Crazy Egg – We use this technology to collect information about how visitors use our website. For example, we collect information regarding your interaction with our site. For more information about how to opt-out of Crazy Egg cookies, go here.
- DoubleClick – We use DoubleClick cookies to capture and report on the actions of users who visit our website after viewing or clicking on one of our paid search ads. This allows us to determine the effectiveness of our online campaigns in terms of both sales and user activity on our sites.
- Facebook Connect – We use this technology to allow users to share their experiences with our websites on Facebook. For example, we may collect your browser information, demographic data, and interaction data.
- Facebook Impressions – We use this technology to measure how frequently users are exposed to our content. For example, we may collect your browser information, demographic data, and interaction data.
- Facebook Social Plugins – We use this technology to allow users to share their experiences with our websites on Facebook. For example, we may collect your browser information, demographic data, and interaction data.
- Google Analytics – We use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website. For example, we collect details of the site where the visitor has come from and the total number of times a visitor has been to our site.