2017 - CONTEST & SWEEPSTAKES
To celebrate America Recycles Day on November 15, HomeforFoam.com via Dart Container Corporation (“Sponsor”) is hosting a social media foam #6 recycling trivia contest and sweepstakes (“Contest”). The Contest will run from November 1, 2017 to November 15, 2017.
Expanded polystyrene (stamped with the symbol and often mistakenly referred to as Styrofoam®) recycling is becoming more accessible, and we want you to explore www.homeforfoam.com to find and share information about its recyclability.
To participate, “Like” Home for Foam on Facebook, and “Follow” Home for Foam on Twitter. Then, simply answer the questions provided each day on foam #6 recycling. Answers should be posted in response to the questions via the appropriate social media channel. The first participant to correctly answer a question will automatically be entered into a random drawing for one of four (4) $25.00 gift certificates to Amazon! A participant can only be entered into the drawing once. If a participant is the first to correctly answer more than one question, the second participant supplying the correct answer will be entered into the Contest.
Here’s how it works:
- “Like” and “Follow” Home for Foam on Facebook and Twitter.
- Sponsor will post a total of 14 foam #6 recycling questions on its Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Participants are only required to correctly answer one question to be entered into the random drawing.
- Eligible participants will be entered into a drawing for one of four (4) $25.00 Amazon gift certificates.
- The deadline to submit is 11:59 PM PT on Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
- The Sponsor will select four (4) eligible winners at random.
- The winners will be notified by a direct message on Wednesday, November 15, 2017.
Full Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Participation is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and is void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Participants must have a valid mailing address. PO Boxes will not be accepted. Participants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of date of entry. The Contest may only be entered in or from the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are void. Employees of the Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
2. Agreement to Rules: Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Full Contest Rules (“Rules”). By entering the Contest, participants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws within the United States.
Participant must be a registered user of Facebook and Twitter and comply with the Rules found at http://www.facebook.com/terms/#!/terms.php and https://twitter.com/tos. By submitting an entry on any Home for Foam social media platform, participant warrants and represents: (a) participant is the sole and exclusive owner of the entry and (b) participant’s entry will not infringe on any rights of any third parties. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted.
Each participant acknowledges that other participants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their entry that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in their entry. Each participant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other participant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
By entering, each participant agrees that his or her entry conforms to the Entry Restrictions as defined below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any entry and disqualify a participant from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion that the participant’s entry fails to conform to the Entry Restrictions as stated below.
3. Entry Restrictions: The entry must not contain material that violates or infringes any rights of any other party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other intellectual property rights;
The entry must not in any way disparage Sponsor or any other person or party;
The entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
The entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
The entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or of any jurisdiction where entry is created;
The entry cannot promote illegal drugs or firearms (or the use of any of the foregoing), or any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; and
The entry must be consistent with the image and values of Sponsor.
4. Rights Granted by the Participant: All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering this Contest the participant understands that the Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of the Sponsor, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the world, participant’s entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, photograph, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation. The Sponsor holds the right to contact participants via email to communicate future promotions, news and information on their behalf.
5. Contest Period: Contest begins at 12:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on November 01, 2017. All entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM PT on November 14, 2017.
6. How to Enter: Starting November 01, 2017 the Sponsor will post questions to Facebook and Twitter. To be entered into the random drawing participants must be the first to answer the question by commenting via Facebook or replying via Twitter to the question with the accurate response.
7. Prize: Eligible participants who are first to answer the questions correctly will be entered into the random drawing. Four (4) winning participants of the random drawing will receive an Amazon Gift Certificate in the amount of $25.00. No cash or other prize substitution will be permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is not transferable. In the case of unavailability of the prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
8. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9. Winner Selection and Notification: The winning participants will be selected in a random drawing using all eligible entries under the supervision of the Sponsor. There can only be four (4) winners. On Wednesday, November 15, 2017 the winning participants will be selected and direct messaged. The winning participants will have three (3) days from being notified to respond to the Sponsor to claim their prize. If any winning participant does not respond within that timeframe, the Sponsor will disqualify that individual and randomly draw again. The winning participants will be required to provide their address either through direct message or email. If any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winning participant rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Rules, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winning participant will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
10. Terms: All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the participants.
In case of dispute as to the identity of any participant the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the participant’s Facebook’s account. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. The Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this contest or downloading any materials in this Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest for any or no reason (in its sole discretion), including, but not limited to virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor will select the winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an participant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said participant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Sponsor representatives.
11. Limitation of Liability: By participating in this Contest, participant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE CONTEST, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATES WITH THE CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO PARTICIPANT. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of New York in the State of New York.
The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with this Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York.